Wednesday, March 4, 2009

If Music be the Beat of Soul

Sitting in a bar in Auckland, waiting on a meal. Steak sandwich, salad and chips.

Scribbling this on the iPhone.

Just purchased a door ticket to listen to a band I have never heard of in my life! Thought food would be wise in the gap between now and enlightenment.

A New York Rockabilly I understand. The Stray Cats. Obviously well known and well respected. Which rock have I been living under? I ask myself.

Food arrives. Yum!

Had no preconceptions. No real idea. But once they started rockin' I started bopping. Awesome sound for a three piece. Reputation well deserved IMHO.

A full house at the Powerstatiom (in Auckland's Mt. Eden Rd). Great venue, holds about 700. Sweet.

I am glad it was a spur of the moment thing.

ENDEND

No comments: